If you are someone who loves a good quality steak or a well-made turkey sandwich dripping with cheese, you will surely love turkey pepperoni. Loaded with proteins, fibers, and various other nutrients it a healthy meat-based food option. Just as beef has a number of variants like Bratwurst – Beef or Ground Beef – 70% Lean, turkey pepperoni is a popular variant of turkey.
We are aware of the high protein content of beef, but what about the protein in turkey pepperoni? We live in an extremely demanding world, taking away all of the time in order to sustain yourself. In the midst of this rat race, our diet is the one that takes a hit. We find ourselves skipping meals and resorting to unhealthy fast to curb our hunger, as there is no time for cooking or ensuring a healthy diet. As a result, we fail to gain the necessary amount of proteins and minerals suggested by doctors. Turkey is one of the most sorts after meats in the world. Popular for its high protein content. In such demanding times when our needs to be healthy, consumption of turkey can prove to be very beneficial! Turkey meat is popular throughout the world. And why wouldn’t it be! There are very few other items that are not only delicious but nutritious at the same time. Rich in good proteins and is loaded with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and various other nutrients that can have profound effects on health, turkey pepperoni is the go-to option for anyone looking to lead a healthy life, while not being eager to give up his tooth for tasty food.
Health effects of turkey pepperoni:
Turkey pepperoni or any turkey variant has a love-hate relation with health. Some consider it a blessing in disguise, while others say it’s unhealthy. Letus see and examine all the various health effects of turkey. It is categorized as red meat a term used for the meat of mammals, which contains higher amounts of iron than chicken or fish. The protein content in one serving of turkey pepperoni contains amino acids necessary for muscle building and tissue maintenance of your body. Protein also helps in producing the enzymes and hormones that are required by your health to help to prevent illness and various health problems. Iron contained in turkey is more easily absorbed by the body, making it one of the best sources of iron for your body. Some studies detect an increased risk of heart attacks for both raw and processed turkey. To sum up, turkey pepperoni is one of the purest sources of protein available out there, and there is no need to be alarmed if consumed in moderate proportions.
How to prepare turkey pepperoni?
One of the easiest turkey dishes to cook is pasta with turkey pepperoni. If you have been planning to impress your friends and family by your cooking skills read the following instructions.
- 8 ounces of spaghetti pasta
- 1 1/4 cups tomato paste
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil
- 25 slices turkey pepperoni
- 3/4 cup olives (black of green), sliced
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, fresh, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to brand directions; drain and return to pan to keep warm.
- In a large heavy saucepan over medium heat, add tomato sauce or marinara, sun-dried tomatoes, turkey pepperoni slices, Parmigiano cheese, and mozzarella cheese. Heat, stirring, until the mixture is well combined and hot.
- Add the cooked pasta and cook an additional couple of minutes, tossing with tongs.
- Add fresh basil leaves, salt, and pepper to taste; toss and serve.
- Serve the delicious pasta with turkey pepperoni to your loved ones and hear them praise about your cooking skills.
Nutritional value and protein in turkey pepperoni:
Its unforgettable flavour and luxurious taste are additions to the protein in turkey pepperoni. Containing 16 calories in one serving and about 233 calories in 100grams of tomato paste, it is undoubtedly an example of medium calorie density food. Low in carbs, has a high protein content and is moderate in fats. If you are looking to lead a health life, with some delicious food options, you should definitely consider it!
Total calories: 16calories.
- Serving size:about 7g.
Amount per serving-
- Total fat:1g
- Total carbohydrate:0g.
- Protein: 2g.